Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Like Babe Like Beast

There are disturbing similarities between caring for a dog and baby. 

Today:

1. I had to fish a wad of magazine paper out of Addie's mouth which she was damn insistent on clamping shut, much like Zoe is when she grabs a small bone or some other fatally dangerous item. 

2. My daughter ate her own poop today.  Zoe dined on her feces for the first year of her life (Hi, my name is Zoe, and I am a poo-aholic. I am powerless over the poop and my life has become totally unmanageable. Hah!)  Her poo-vom was one of the more foul things I've had to clean up in my life. At least with Adeline it was inadvertent, and such a small amount that it wasn't harmful. She's starting to reach down whenever her diaper comes off (whoosh! cold air!).  She doesn't know where her nose is let alone her vagina (yes, I'm one of those people who doesn't use any weird euphemism for genitalia), so it's not as if she's trying to grab a snack or anything. Unlike someone we know... 

Days since my last "episode": 67

No comments: