Monday, July 13, 2009

Grateful Mondays...

Being grateful on a Monday...oxymoron, right? I write gratitude lists from time to time when I'm partying on the pity-pot or groaning about all that I find wrong in this world.  It's actually a very effective tool I've learned to get my head out of my ass, and nine times out of ten I feel so much better afterwards.  Which is why I'm going to write one at LEAST once a week, particularly on Mondays, since it always seems to be the day I feel the worst (even if I technically don't work and could consider every day a weekend).  Zach is back at work again, I never have any standing dates or plans made, and I tend to go into hermit-mode. 



I won't make any rules about how many to list, or how big or small they can be, no forcing it. They just have to relevant to today. 

1. I'm grateful that I was able to sit in the shower for 20 minutes at 5:00 this morning after a long, sleepless night, and not worry about Adeline because Zach was keeping her company. 

2. I'm grateful that I have a sweet dog who doesn't bark when the mailman knocks on our door (especially when Addie is napping).

3. I'm grateful that I heard the first day of confirmation hearings for Judge Sonia Sotomayor on NPR this morning--another example of good things happening in the outside world. 

4. I'm grateful that Zach made me a latte this morning before he left, even though he was already late for work. 

5. I'm grateful that I am coming up on my 25th birthday and it will be my second birthday clean and sober. 

6. I'm grateful that Zach's job has afforded us the financial freedom for me to stay at home and raise our daughter; that I was able to play with her all morning, go out for a walk with Zoe, and come home to eat mangos and watch a movie. 


I'm grateful for this.

And this.

Life is good.

Anything in particular you're grateful for today? 

1 comment:

Sushi Ninja said...

My new golf clubs arrived today! But I may not like them. I have 30 days to see...

I lost my Costco card in the vast vicinity of the store, parking lot, and gas-filling area; it was discovered in the food court brought to customer service where I inquired how to get a new card.

I couldn't find half of what I was looking for at the northside Spokane Costco. I should have gone to the Valley Costco where I can find everything and they have more frozen seafood, not just MEAT.

A stranger returned two dollar bills to me as I left that very same Costco later that day, with everything flying out of my open wallet.