Friday, August 14, 2009

Moving Block

I haven't been wanting to write lately because of my foul mood this week. When I'm in my pit o'despair, I tend to isolate and avoid the things that make me happy (go figure). We're in the eye of the moving storm and I'm surrounded by boxes and Ikea crap and a massive pile of paraphernalia to drop off at Goodwill. It's so sad, whenever I bring out the tape-dispenser now to close up the boxes, Addie looks at me and her eyes start twitching, she cringes, and then she covers her ears in expectation of the loud ripping sound. Breaks your heart, it does. Thank god this will be over soon and we'll be in the house by next week, because we are so very sick of this apartment. Sick of waking up every hour to dogs barking outside, sick of sleeping on an air mattress in the living room, sick of our neighbors slamming their door as hard as possible, sick of not being able to flush the toilet at night because it will wake up Addie (gross, but necessary). 

So my apologies for the ranting and the lack of entries--I am trying to commit myself to at least three a week once we're in our new place and the internet is up. The birds will sing once more, Addie will sleep through the night, Zoe will frolic in the yard, Zach will delight in installing his patch panel to provide high-speed internet in every room, and I will feel creative again. 

xoxo, A.

No comments: