Monday, August 10, 2009

Grateful (gritting teeth) Mondays

I knew that living in a house would be more work than an apartment, but moving in and making a few upgrades, all while hoisting a babe on my hip, is getting to me.  Also not helping that my car thermometer read 94 DEGREES outside when it was 4:30 in the afternoon as we were heading over THE HOUSE WITH NO AC to unpack some more. To make things even more super-duper-fun-time, I realized that I had forgotten the house keys just as we were arriving, and Addie was already getting fussy in the back, totally unsatisfied with her water bottle, giraffe, personal car keys, rattles, and book (too many choices, mayhaps?).  WIET H)PQQU# *U#@* WOEIH. That's what my head feels like right now. 

Zach is still over there (it's 10pm), wiring Cat-6 cable within the walls and being all manly with his dremmels and drills and full-on bodysuit/goggles/headlamp he wears to go underneath the house. God, I wish I could post this photo I just took of him right now, but I took it with my iphone* and am way too lazy to transfer it now. Later, though... 

Back to business. Let's see how the list goes...my mind is currently blank. 

1. There is a tub of Scharffenberger chocolate pudding from Whole Foods sitting in the fridge, but it won't be there for very long. 

2. Zoe and Addie love the new house. We sat in the backyard tonight as the sun was disappearing, listening to crickets and watching birds fly overhead. Playing with the grass and laughing. Zoe zooming across the driveway, spinning like a black fire-cracker, and then taking off again. 

3. My mother is visiting our family in Japan--she gave my grandfather and grandmother each a photo album of Adeline. I miss my family a lot, but I'm grateful that they are hanging in there (health-wise) and we will be visiting them at the end of the year. 

4. My order from Urban Outfitters came in the mail today and I'm in love with the canvas prints I bought for Addie's new room (she has a room! With butterflies and pink robots and a little sheepskin rug!).  Here's one of them

5. I got a shower in today. 

*I've realized that owning an iphone makes you waaaay too dependent on a single technological device--yes, it saves me from having to carry around an mp3 player, phone, planner, camera, Zagat guide, constellation map, and my ocarina, but it's also making me forget to take quality photos with my REAL camera...hence, the skimpiness of the cute pics lately. Here, I'll distract you with this July photo of Addie meditating/doing yoga: 

Namaste.

No comments: