Monday, August 3, 2009

Grateful (Punctual) Mondays

I'm on time! Although it hasn't felt like a Monday since Zach stayed home from the office to finish a crazy deadline. I could go off about his job at the moment but it would take ten angry posts, and I'm supposed to be writing this to make happy, peaceful, Ariel, not rage-filled, protective-of-her-family, Ariel. So another time...

1.) I'm sitting next to a dirty diaper, which I could care less about, with Zach and a slumbering Zoe on the other side. I look over at them every night and smile and feel happy. 

2.) I was offered by five different friends to baby-sit Addie so I could actually get some housework and packing done without stopping every five minutes to entertain her. And I trust all of them to watch her. 

3.) We got the keys to the house we are renting this past weekend. Unbelievably lucky...like, holy-shit-how-did-we-get-so-lucky, to be able to afford renting this adorable house in a great location that is in close proximity to at least six or seven friends. And farmer's market. And the community center. And Trader Joe's and Recycle Books and Tiny Tots and the jogging trail! 

4.) Addie is sleeping. 'Nuff said. 

5.) Went to a meeting today and was able to catch up with good folk, and listen to fellow people in recovery talk about how drastically their lives have changed for the better. Amazing. 

Breathe in...breathe out. Nothing is so terrible in the world that I cannot enjoy this moment right now.  

Good night, A. 

At a recent wedding we went to. 

No comments: