Wednesday, October 14, 2009

New Project: Learning To Love You More

I have an enormous girl-crush on Miranda July. She's a writer, performance artist, actress, movie director, seer of souls, beautiful lady-extraordinaire. Go watch her movie Me and You and Everyone We Know, and read her book No One Belongs Here More Than You. She knows how to move something inside of you. Along with artist, Harrell Fletcher, she created a series of assignments to be carried out by the general public and shared on the website, Learning To Love You More, which was later published as a book. Although the website has stopped accepting submissions to display, they still encourage you to continue the project on your own, which is what I am doing. I've been meaning to start for a long time but hello BABY, and I forgot about it until I stumbled across the book on my bookshelf last week.

Miranda July

I'll try to post at least one assignment at week. I'm admitting now that I'll do some of the easier ones first because I don't have the courage right now to ask my neighbor if I can record and photograph them playing an instrument (but hopefully I can work up to it!)

Without further ado...


This was shot from my living room window. It was late in the afternoon and blindingly sunny. I think it looks like something exploded in the sky and formed a white hole that's about to suck up our world.

No comments: