Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Things I will do in my life.

I'm starting to put fingers to keyboard the things I would like to do before I leave this Earth. Some are doable right at this moment, others will take a little longer (and a lot more money). I'll keep adding on whatever new things I think of, and cross them off as they've been completed. 

Write one yourself, it's amazing how motivated or excited you may feel after seeing it written down. 

1. Graduate from college and walk onto the stage to pick up my diploma.
2. Play guitar on a busy sidewalk.
3. Live in Japan for a year and re-learn my first language.
4. Go deep-sea fishing.
5. Grow a veggie garden.
6. Work at a radio station.
7. Produce a story for This American Life. 
8. Sky-dive.
9. Get dressed up and see an opera. 
10. Eat at Masa's in NYC.
11. Teach little kids how to cook.
12. Learn how to play piano again.
13. Open an IRA.
14. Sew Addie a dress.
16. Sing karaoke in a crowded bar.
17. Write a book.
18. Help other women through recovery.
19. Run a bed and breakfast.
20. Visit every major tourist attraction in San Francisco.
21. Repel down a rock. 
22. Bellydance for Zach.
23. Look in the rearview mirror of my car and see two sleeping children.
24. Own land.
25. Learn to hold yoga handstand--Adho Mukha Vrksasana--for longer than a minute.
26. Take Addie camping in Yellowstone National Park.
27. Stay at Esalen for a retreat.
28. Spend a day of meditation in Big Sur. 
29. Make something from the French Laundry cookbook.
30. Finish reading Don Quixote.
31. Create a comic strip.
32. Dance to Pink Martini live at the Oregon Zoo in Portland. 
33. Climb a mountain in Nepal.
34. Lay on a beach in Thailand.
35. Hot-air balloon.
36. Get a pet snake.
37. Be the breadwinner of the family.
38. Learn how to make foam art for my cappuccino. 
39. Ski and hot springs in Hokkaido. 
40. Ride a horse.
41. Visit my friend, Marta, in Prague. 
42. Eat at Ferran Adria's restaurant El Bulli in Spain. 
43. Try stinky tofu.
44. Light fireworks in my grandparent's backyard in Japan.
45. Take a molecular gastronomy class.
46. Bake croissant. 
47. Make a music video.
48. Don't use any technological devices for a week.
49. Walk along the Great Wall of China.
50. Ride a camel.
51. Get another tattoo.
52. Record interviews with members of my family about their childhood. 
53. Enter a baking competition.
54. Go sailing in the Bay.
55. Be an audience member at the Daily Show. 
56. Road-trip from coast to coast across America.
57. Go snow-shoeing.
58. Travel by bike on a four or five day trip. 
59. Start modern dance again. 
60. Volunteer at a shelter.
61. Make home-made ice-cream. 
62. 




2 comments:

kat said...

What an aweseome start to your list! I like:

3. Live in Japan for a year and re-learn my first language.

14. Sew Addie a dress.

23. Look in the rearview mirror of my car and see two sleeping children.

These...

36. Get a pet snake.

43. Try stinky tofu.

are questionable. :P

B&B said...

I just want an albino corn snake--they're small and harmless. Very beautiful too!

As for the stinky tofu....I've heard it's rather unpleasant, but I'm still curious what it tastes like!